"Once you choose hope, anything's possible." - Christopher Reeve

Monday, June 22, 2009

A Stranger's Hope...

I have started to frequent this gal’s blog. Her name is Shelley Sprouffske she lives south of here near Rainier (as far as I can tell) and she’s a very talented photographer and blogger. She is also a huge advocate for relay for life. She's also a complete stranger.
I commented on her blog a couple days back because she wanted to know what her readers were thankful for. This was my comment…

Hey Shelley-I stumbled across your blog when researching Relay for Life. My Mom was recently diagnosed with Lung cancer and I am so inspired by your work with Relay. I am posting because I’m thankful for Relay… I’m thankful for My Mom, the time she still has because of things like radiation and chemotherapy. I’m thankful that there’s a support group for people like us who feel alone. I’m thankful for people like you who devote their lives to causes like relay.I don’t want to win the prize but Thank you for offering it to all of us who are thankful for something; because of God we all have a lot to be thankful for! Wow, I used the word Thank a lot in this post. Either way – Have a wonderful afternoon – Abby Ronnebeck.
This morning as I was blog stalking Shelley – I found this in her post

“One of the comments brought specific tears to my eyes –Abby Ronnebeck—and I would love to make a luminaria for your mom to glow throughout the night at our Relay for Life this weekend. Abby, will you e-mail me her name? I’d love for it to be more personal than “Celebrating Abby’s Mom!” : )
And it brought Tears to MY eyes…
Thank you Shelley!

All the Love in the Universe, Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment