"Once you choose hope, anything's possible." - Christopher Reeve

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Who can blame her?

I spoke with Mom on the phone briefly this morning and it sounds like she had a pretty awesome weekend. Shannon, Erica and her went out to Kathy's cabin with the whole fam. It sounded and looked like a lot of fun. She sent me a few pictures on her phone that I wanted to post here. It's so surreal to me that my Mom knows how to send picture texts! It makes me giggle. I really wanted to share these too because I think I get my artistic eye from my Mom, these are just really great... both of them say SOUTH DAKOTA SUMMER to me.
Look at our "Little" girl... Erica's turning into a teenager before our eyes. She looks so grown up in this picture in her little swim suit. When I was talking to Shannon on the phone the other morning Erica wanted to go out and ride bicycle in her new swim suit, sound like anyone else you know? I swear she's not my daughter ... really.
As for her health? She's really ready to go in for treatment. She keeps saying she "just wants to get on with it allready." She's getting a little impatient as the mass in her lung is weighing her down a little bit, who can blame her for being impatient with the wait ??? She's expierencing shortness of breath and pain in her arm as well as being really wore out and tired. She's not sleeping very well at night because she wakes up uncomfortable and then has a hard time getting back to sleep. It sounds like she's getting enough napping in though.
Tonight they were off to Tony and Julie's new place to have a Father's day meal together.
Just a little update. She's doing good, and spirits are up, just a little impatient. Waiting is the hardest part.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.
All the love in the universe, Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment